After the grand success of Prathidhwani Srishti since 2014, Prathidhwani proudly announce the sixth session of Srishti, the Festival of Literature and Arts for the IT employees.
It is a proven fact that there are many strong talented writers in the IT community and Prathidhwani Srishti is the sole event that targets to bring out the hidden creative talents of techies. So the eminent and aspiring writers in IT sector, Prathidhwani cordially invite you to rush in your entries to Prathidhwani Srishti 2019, the only platform to excel your talents.
Previous versions of Srishti received hundreds of entries from IT community. Well known Malayalam poets such as Madhusoodhanan Nair, Ezhacheri Ramachandran, Kureepuzha Sreekumar and famous writers Benyamin and Subhash Chandran were chief guests of previous years Srishti prize ceremony. Eminent writers such as Kureeppuzha Sreekumar, Chandramathi, Zachariah, Gopi Kottoor, Dr. P S Sreekala, Vinod Vellayani, Vinod Vaisakhi, KA Beena, V.S. Bindu and P V Shajikumar were part of the Jury of previous versions of Srishti.
An Eminent Panel of Judges will evaluate your entries and there will be prizes and trophies for first and second prizes under each category. We welcome all techies to showcase their skills in this “creative writing and Arts contest”.
Please refer below the detailed guidelines.
Guidelines for Srishti-2019
1. Literary Competition : Guidelines for Short Stories, Poems and Articles.
1) The contest is open to all the IT employees working in Technopark, Thiruvananthapuram.
2)The entry must be an original work in the form of a Poem, Short story or Article.
3) Entries should be written either in English or in Malayalam.
4) The following are the eight categories in Srishti 2019 (Literary),
a) Short Story - Malayalam
b) Short Story - English
c) Short Story - Tamil
d) Poem - Malayalam
e) Poem - English
f) Poem - Tamil
g) Article - Malayalam
h) Article - English
5) All entries must be submitted online to the following email address depends on the category:
a.) Short Story: firstname.lastname@example.org
b.) Poem : email@example.com
c.) Article : firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries should reach by no later than 30th of November 2019.
6) Only individual participants are allowed.
7) Only one entry per category may be submitted by an individual.
8) Entries of ‘Srishti 2014’, ‘Srishti 2015' ' Srishti 2016' ‘Srishti 2017’ and ‘Srishti 2018’ won’t be considered for ‘Srishti 2019’.
9) All entries which are eligible for judgment will be listed out in the website after 5th December and readers will be given the privilege to vote for the best (Yes, a reader’s choice award !!!).
The entries should be emailed with the following subject lines for each categories.
“Srishti 2019 <Category Name> <Name of the Participant>”
eg:, In order to submit for Malayalam Poem, the subject line will be like the following,
Srishti 2019 Poem Malayalam Suresh Kumar
1) Entries should be in Unicode format.
2) Do not send the story/poem/article as an attachment. Cut and paste the content in body of the e-mail.
3) Maximum length for each category:-
Poetry – 60 lines
Short story – 4,000 words
Article – 5,000 words
TOPIC FOR ARTICLE:
Write on any one of the options given below,
1. Artificial intelligence and future job thoughts
2. Environment Vs urbanization
3. Right to privacy.
1. സൈബറിടങ്ങളുടെ സാധ്യതകളും ചൂഷണങ്ങളും.
2. കലാസൃഷ്ടികളിലെ ആവിഷ്കാര സ്വാതന്ത്ര്യം
3. മലയാളികൾ കടമെടുത്ത ജീവിത ശൈലികൾ.
Stories and poems can be on any theme.
AN ENTRY MUST ALSO HAVE:
1) Title of entry
2) Participant’s full name
3) Company name and Location
4) Participant’s mobile number
5) Participant’s email address
Be sure your name and other details are at the top of the submission.
SRISHTI 2019 DEADLINE:
Rush in your entries by 4th December 2019.
Winning entries will be notified via telephone and email by middle of December 2019, by the Prathidhwani team. The winners will be invited to attend the award ceremony which will be conducted by the end of December.
The judging panel will comprise persons of eminence in literature & creative writing. The decisions of the judges are final.
Prizes will be given for 1st and 2nd positions in each category and language as judged by the Jury. Along with the jury prizes, entries that were voted best by the readers via online will also be awarded. Decision to publish in website for voting shall only be with the organizing committee.
2. Arts Competition: Guidelines specific to Pencil Drawing, painting and Cartoon:
1.) Pencil drawing, painting and Cartoon competition will be held as On-site.
2.) Competition will be conducted at Park Center or any other venue inside Technopark from 9am to 3.30pm IST on 14th December 2019.
3.) Participant wishes to participate in Cartoon or Pencil Drawing or painting competition has to register for the competition.
4.) For registration click this link: https://www.yepdesk.com/prathidhwani-srishti-2019-artsfest
5.) You will be getting an acknowledgement Email after registration.
6.) Organizers will provide the sheet of paper and Participants must bring their own drawing tools such as Pencil, eraser, water color etc.
7.) Participants will be given 2 hours to complete the competition.
8.) No admittance will be allowed for participants who arrive 30 minutes later than the starting time.
9.) Starting time and other details about the competition will be informed to the participants after registration.
10.) Judgment will be done by a panel of competent judges selected by Srishti Organizing committee.
11.) In addition, the drawings may be considered for an exhibition as well as for other publication.
12.) Painting should be done in water color only.
FOR QUESTIONS/DOUBTS, CONTACT:
Sujith MS [Convener, Srishti 2019]
Mob: 97396 03058
Nandhu TS [Joint Convenor]
Mob: 70254 39878
Saleena C. [Joint Convenor]
Mob: 98469 09926