Prathidhwani submitted representation to Honorable Chief Minister Of Kerala Sri. Pinarayi Vijayan on "IT Employee's Job Security during #Covid19"
Firstly, We would like to congratulate you on the success of the Kerala Model of fighting COVID19 under your esteemed leadership. Kerala model leads the way even for developed nations across the world.
Kerala's IT sector is linked to all the nations that have been affected by Covid19. This has created panic in the minds of IT Employees. The economic conditions of other nations have a direct impact on our IT Sector and will affect more than 1 lakh employees in Kerala and their families.
All these employees have loans in the form of an Educational loan or Home Loan and so on. Further, currently, we don't have any welfare plans exclusively for this sector. The employees are either from Kerala or other states and are living near the IT Parks. Hence, the sudden impact on their jobs and incomes will be difficult to manage.
We request you to consider the following suggestions to protect our livelihood:
- Government to provide a Guideline for IT Sector Employee's Job Security and thereby remove panic among Employees.
- Special Package for IT Companies and Startups. Moreover, request Central Government to provide support for IT Companies and their employees.
- Special Committee to understand the impact and way forward for IT Companies due to Covid-19.
- Necessary Steps to protect and support IT employees who were on Short Term Onsite Assignments and stranded abroad due to Covid-19 situation.
- Employee Welfare Board and solution cell exclusively for IT Employees.
We kindly request you to consider the above points and take suitable action.
Prathidhwani - Welfare Organisation of IT Employees, Kerala
Vineeth Chandran (Secretary, Prathidhwani - Technopark)
Ashik Sreenivas (Secretary, Prathidhwani - Infopark)
Raneesh A R (President, Prathidhwani - Technopark)
Vineesh T (President, Prathidhwani - Infopark)