After the grand success of Prathidhwani Srishti since 2014, Prathidhwani proudly announce the fifth session of Srishti, the Festival of Literature and Arts for the IT employees.
It is a proven fact that there are many strong writing talents in the IT community and Prathidhwani Srishti is the sole event that targets to bring out the hidden creative talents of techies. So the eminent and aspiring writers in IT sector, Prathidhwani cordially invite you to rush in your entries to Prathidhwani Srishti 2018, the only platform to excel your talents.
Previous versions of Srishti received hundreds of entries from IT community. Well known Malayalam poets such as Madhusoodhanan Nair, Ezhacheri Ramachandran and famous writers Benyamin and Subhash Chandran were chief guests of previous years Srishti prize ceremony. Eminent writers such as Kureeppuzha Sreekumar, Chandramathi, Zachariah, Gopi Kottoor, Dr. P S Sreekala, Vinod Vellayani, Vinod Vaisakhi, KA Beena and P V Shajikumar were part of the Jury of previous versions of Srishti.
This year, Srishti is widening its area to Infopark Kochi too. There are separate competition for employees working in Technopark Thiruvananthapuram as well as for the employees in Infopark Kochi.
An Eminent Panel of Judges will evaluate your entries and there will be prizes for first and second prizes under each category. We welcome all techies to showcase their skills in this “creative writing and Arts contest”.
Please refer below the detailed guidelines.
Guidelines for Srishti-2018
1. Literary Competition : Guidelines for Short Stories, Poems and Articles.
1) The contest is open to all the IT employees working in Technopark, Thiruvananthapuram and in Infopark, Kochi.
2) The Contest, evaluation and prize ceremony will be separate for Technopark employees and Infopark employees.
3)The entry must be an original work in the form of a Poem, Short story or Article.
4) Entries should be written either in English or in Malayalam.
5) The following are the eight categories in Srishti 2018 (Literary),
a) Short Story - Malayalam
b) Short Story - English
c) Short Story - Tamil
d) Poem - Malayalam
e) Poem - English
f) Poem - Tamil
g) Article - Malayalam
h) Article - English
6) All entries must be submitted online to the following email address depends on the category:
a.) Short Story: firstname.lastname@example.org
b.) Poem : email@example.com
c.) Article : firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries should reach by no later than 31st of October 2018.
7) Only individual participants are allowed.
8) Only one entry per category may be submitted by an individual.
9) Entries of ‘Srishti 2014’, ‘Srishti 2015' ' Srishti 2016' and ‘Srishti 2017″ won’t be considered for ‘Srishti 2018’.
10) All entries which are eligible for judgment will be listed out in the website after 5th November and readers will be given the privilege to vote for the best (Yes, a reader’s choice award !!!).
The entries should be emailed with the following subject lines for each categories.
“Srishti 2018 <Category Name> <Name of the Participant>”
eg:, In order to submit for Malayalam Poem, the subject line will be like the following,
Srishti 2018 Poem Malayalam Suresh Kumar
1) Entries should be in Unicode format.
2) Do not send the story/poem/article as an attachment. Cut and paste the content in body of the e-mail.
3) Maximum length for each category:-
Poetry – 60 lines
Short story – 4,000 words
Article – 5,000 words
TOPIC FOR ARTICLE:
Write on any one of the options given below,
1. How to use modern technology in re building Kerala
2. How to build a culture to preserve our nature.
3. Women and Film.
4. Ritual customs and Indian constitution
1. നവകേരള നിര്മ്മിതിയില് ആധുനിക സാങ്കേതിക വിദ്യ എങ്ങനെ ഉപയോഗപ്പെടുത്താം.
2. പരിസ്ഥിതി സംരക്ഷിക്കാനുള്ള ഒരു സംസ്കാരം എങ്ങനെ ഉണ്ടാക്കിയെടുക്കാം.
3. സ്ത്രീയും സിനിമയും.
4. ആചാരാനുഷ്ഠാനങ്ങളും ഇന്ത്യൻ ഭരണഘടനയും
Stories and poems can be on any theme.
AN ENTRY MUST ALSO HAVE:
1) Title of entry
2) Participant’s full name
3) Company name and Location
4) Participant’s mobile number
5) Participant’s email address
Be sure your name and other details are at the top of the submission.
SRISHTI 2018 DEADLINE:
Rush in your entries by 31st October 2018.
Winning entries will be notified via telephone and email by middle of November 2018, by the Prathidhwani team. The winners will be invited to attend the award ceremony which will be conducted by the end of November.
The judging panel will comprise persons of eminence in literature & creative writing. The decisions of the judges are final.
Prizes will be given for 1st and 2nd positions in each category and language as judged by the Jury. Along with the jury prizes, entries that were voted best by the readers via online will also be awarded. Decision to publish in website for voting shall only be with the organizing committee.
2. Arts Competition: Guidelines specific to Pencil Drawing, painting and Cartoon:
1.) Pencil drawing, painting and Cartoon competition will be held as On-site.
2.) Competition will be conducted at Park Center from 9am to 3.30pm IST on 10th November 2018.
3.) Participant wishes to participate in Cartoon or Pencil Drawing or painting competition has to register for the competition.
4.) For registration click this link: https://www.yepdesk.com/prathidhwani-srishti-2018-tvm
5.) You will be getting an acknowledgement Email after registration.
6.) Organizers will provide the sheet of paper and Participants must bring their own drawing tools such as Pencil, eraser, water color etc.
7.) Participants will be given 2 hours to complete the competition.
8.) No admittance will be allowed for participants who arrive 30 minutes later than the starting time.
9.) Starting time and other details about the competition will be informed to the participants after registration.
10.) Judgment will be done by a panel of competent judges selected by Srishti Organizing committee.
11.) In addition, the drawings may be considered for an exhibition as well as for other publication.
12.) Painting should be done in water color only.
FOR QUESTIONS/DOUBTS, CONTACT:
Nezin Sreekumar [Convener, Srishti 2018]
Mob: 96333 05944
Bimal Raj N. [Secretary, Literary Club]
Mob: 81294 55958
Suvin Das [Joint Convenor]
Mob: 94471 73758
Abhilash KP [Joint Convenor]
Mob: 94963 70831
Shari [Joint Convenor]
Mob: 81294 66431